Chocolate Souffle And Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Photo source: Grandmother's Kitchen
Mmmm....Chocolate Souffle and Chocolate Sauce... A Yummy recipe for sure.
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
4 eggs plus 4 egg yolks
12 tbsp. butter
8 oz. semisweet dark chocolate (make sure to use a good quality)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
8 ounces dark chocolate coarsely chopped (Use 70% or higher for a better flavor)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and yolks together.
2. In a saucepan, bring butter to a simmer, then add the chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is smooth and begins to simmer along the edges.
3. Combine this chocolate mixture with the sugar and cornstarch and mix thoroughly.
4. Add eggs and mix at low speed until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate overnight in a bowl.
5. Reheat oven to 375 degrees F
6. Spoon the mixture into 4 well buttered ramekins
7. Place on a baking tray and bake for 28-30 minutes.
8. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
9. Serve the ramekins on plates. Serve with chocolate sauce.
1. In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over high heat, bring the cream,water and salt to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
2. Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove.
3. Add the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula to incorporate. Keep stirring until the chocolate and butter melt and the sauce is perfectly smooth.
4. Serve immediatley, or reheat when needed.